background

December 20, 2010

mom moment

So I had a wonderful mom moment (several actually) with Grace. We put together a gingerbread house. Grace had a ton of fun eating the candy and putting some actually on the house. I have to admit that I was probably too bossy about it cause I wanted it to turn out decent...which makes NO since considering she's 2.5!!!

By the time it was time for her to go to bed she was having fun bouncing the tiny candy balls off the table to the floor for Bailey to fetch! So I finished the house, well Grace couldn't have done all the edges and made a wreath with that icing...I know way too much of a control freak.

Ok, and I also didn't let Avery help....so we wrote her name on the roof as well in her honor :)

And the final product......

(and you better say it looks like an at least 5 or 6 yr old did it!) It's not easy working with icing. That front door supposed to have a window on it with a wreath hanging above it, but I'm pretty sure the icing was too watery.
So I'm pretty sure I won't be doing any cake decorating in my near future and I might as well let her help next time cause it wouldn't have hurt in the least bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment