background

July 21, 2008

hanging out


It's Monday and Grace & I are just hanging out blogging! Gotta teach'em early. I'm behind on blogging...it's amazing what you don't get done when you have a little one. I've had thank you notes written for a week that I haven't gotten to people and it will get done today cause I hate being late on those...speaking of thank you's a lot of them are for all the great food we've been given and thoughtful gifts. I can't say enough how thankful we are for all of our friends and family's' support during this time.

She is continuing to make great strides. As of Thursday, she weighed 4lb 14oz and eating very well. I haven't really had any nursing issues since last weekend. She is always ready to eat once she is woken up or wakes herself up every 3 hours.





She got her first real bath Saturday. I got her undressed while Matt got in the tub to get it all ready and as I'm getting ready to hand her to him, she pees all over me! So then we get her in and she doesn't like it at first and then all of a sudden she calms down and doesn't make a peep. We have it all in video...so later we can use it for some kind of torture when she's dating or graduating. When we're all done we get her out and get some pictures of her in her towel all wrapped up and boom....she poops all over herself while I'm holding her in the towel! Of course Matt and his parents had a great laugh out of that one. So we turned the water back on and just put her under the faucet and then went quickly to the changing table to get a diaper on her. This pic of me and her is seconds before the blowout!

Today is the first day that I will be alone with her all day. I am so excited that we get to finally have our time together. She is so alert this morning so that is even better. We've had tummy time and breakfast and now we're just chillin getting some things done around the house. I do need to get our budget in order now that we know some of the costs we have with her (i.e. diapers, wipes, etc.). We had just been winging it the last few months and need to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment