background

September 3, 2009

inadaquate but blessed

I feel completely inadequate, but yet so blessed to be able to teaching this semester with women who are in poverty, shelters, living in run down houses barely making ends meet, completely broken, may or may not know Jesus, more kids then they know what to do with, feel like they're worth nothing, think they'll always live on the system, and yet are brave, strong and want to how they can overcome the life that has seemed to take over. With Heart Change, they're going to get to have the opportunity to know about a perfect God who loves them and has plans to prosper them not to harm them. He loves them more than anyone here on earth could and will.

I just get to be the lucky vessel that gets to teach them on Mondays about God's way vs. Man's way. This is completely a dream come true. I have always wanted to work with women in need and especially in poverty and with children. I wrote on a note card about three years ago "I want to work with our womens' ministry to help/serve women in life and crisis. I want to help build up better girls and teens. To get there I need to get out of my comfort zone & believe in myself whole heartedly."

This is a thought that I have been wondering how and when would come true. God's brought me through a lot in the last 3 years and now he's said, "here you go, you're ready." Of course, I've told myself that I'm not and I don't have enough to offer, but then I'm reminded that God always takes what you have and uses it for His glory.

So you see the women and I have a lot in common. We're on a journey of life and want a savior to lead us we just don't always know how to reach Him or know what to do next.

I'm so excited to be challenged, taught, and blessed by working with these women and their children. I know that God has plans for me to examine me and change me just as much as He has plans for the moms I'll be working with.

So here's to a great semester at the BEACH (a small ministry center in the Brookside neighborhood around 16th & Emerson)!!! Just pray that I step out of the way and allow God to use my every word and action.



Grace is super excited as well cause she gets to play with all the kids, toys, and sing songs!

2 comments:

  1. Amy-

    This is awesome! Ann, Haley & Cindy came in and told us about the plans for this semester...but they didn't say that it was you who was working at The Beach. I know that God will use you in amazing ways this Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I am so proud of you, and how many women that you will touch with all the wonderful gifts God has given you to minister. You are such a wonderful daughter, mother and woman of God, that I am simply busting with pride for you!

    I just wanted to send you this note to encourage you to continue on this "tough" but very rewarding part of your life. I am so thankful to have a daughter that has submitted her heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ, and has allowed Him to use her in such a mighty way!

    I loved the video of Grace, "Hmmm...sounds like another little girl I once knew, many years ago...?"

    Mom:)

    ReplyDelete