background

August 27, 2008

The Shack



I just finished reading THE SHACK. This is an excellent book! It is the best way of explaining and walking through who God is and why things happen in our lives that I have ever heard. I've been to a lot of churches and went to a Christian college and this book puts it all together in such a profound and gripping way. I will definately be living differently because of this book. I highly recommend getting this book and you are welcome to my copy.

You can check out more at www.theshackbook.com. The Missy Project is a way to get this book into the hands of people all over the world. I am going to look into it. I am just so impressed with the storyline and that fact that is it so real.

The coolest part of it all is that it's a true story. God revealed himself to Mack and the reason why people are so moved by this book. I am so touched that God cares about the little things all the way up to tragedies. He doesn't "let" them happen but he works them out for our good if we'll let Him. I am challenged to look at things that have happened in my life and allow Him time and space to heal them as well as change my perspective so that when more things happen I am looking at and living through them with His perspective.

I could go on and on about this book, but I won't. GO GET A COPY!!! You can also get it on CD to listen to it if you don't have much sit down time. It's a fast read trust me it has you from the forward to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment