background

May 22, 2011

Weekend to Remember

Matt and I attended a the Familylife "Weekend to Remember" and had a great time this weekend. Quotes I am going to focus on:

"Become the person you want your kids to become."

"Have the attitude to do right not be right."

"Listening is wanting to hear."

"Your spouse is not your enemy."

"The degree to which you leave is the degree to which you can cleave."

"We must choose to receive our spouse as God's perfect provision for us."

Know your kids Friends, Fears, and Favorite things.

"Often the difference between a successful marriage and a mediocre one consists of leaving about three or four things a day unsaid." Harlan Miller

As if these won't have my busy enough, I also have a few books to read. "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn, The Language of Love & Respect, and The Five Love Languages for kids.

We had a blast and loved the time alone and were able hold several complete conversations!!! So I didn't get to go and get Matt fixed, I ended up finding out I have a WHOLE LOT more I need to work on as well :)


As I put Grace to bed tonight, I said, "did you miss mommy while I was gone?" Grace said, "no, I missed Colby cause he was at school all day." Guess she didn't really notice I was gone!! Way to go GG :)

No comments:

Post a Comment